Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Favorite Makeup Brushes

Bonjour Everyone!

This week I decided to share with you my current favorite makeup brushes! I have been using these brushes everyday for months and I literally cannot go without them! 

Brands: 1,2&3 Real Techniques / 4,5,6,7&8 Make up for you (all are synthetic hairs)


1. Expert face brush
I have mentioned it in my previous post (June Beauty Favorites) and I will say it again: this brush is AMAZING! It blends the foundation like no other brushes I used before! A must-have!

2. Setting brush
I use this one for two purposes. First to blend concealer on areas like my forehead, cheeks and chin. The hairs are really soft so it feels like you are really blending the product, not removing it with the brush. I also use it to apply setting powder on my lips (to set lipstick) and under my waterline (to set eyeliner/pencil)

3. Shading brush
I also use this brush for concealer but specifically for the corners of my nose. You know...? Sometimes you just need that small tool that can get in there! Well, this one does a perfect job! 

4. Lash brush
"Lash brush" is the name written on this one but I use it to blend eye pencil on my eyebrows. Extremely helpful!

5. Sponge applicator
I was never a big fan of sponge applicators! I think it is because I always used the small ones that come with the product you buy (like this). Let's face it, they are not really practical! But let me tell you, the long handle changes everything! It so so much more comfortable to use and I feel like the sponge absorb the eye shadow and helps preventing any fallout.

6. Fluff brush
A fluff brush is always perfect for blending eye shadows. For example when you want to blend a dark color on your eyelids, or if you are working with two (or more) colors.

7. Powder brush
I always finish my makeup by applying some setting powder all over my face. Nothing better than a big and fluffy brush like this for it! You can also use it for powder foundation.

8. Contour brush
I am not the best at applying bronzer or blush. Contouring in general is just not my thing! An angular brush like this one really helps! The shape makes a huge difference!

Hope you enjoyed reading this post! What are your favorite brushes? Let me know in the comment section below!

'Till later, aurevoir!

Liloo

       
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I like your post and the brushes look good. I am currently on the lookout for a concealer brush. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leja! Thank you for your lovely comment! I am very pleased with the Real Techniques shading brush for concealer but you can also try the Sephora Collection multitasker concealer brush (I think it is no.21) Very good as well!

    Liloo

    ReplyDelete